While watching this “chick flick” show, Sex and the City, the main character (Carrie) was talking about deal breakers in a relationship. (And yes I still watch that show and I love it..shhh don’t tell anyone!) So I did a google search and found this article talking about it: HERE
Which of course this all had me thinking about what would my “deal breakers” be if I was still in the dating scene, but I wasn’t able to really come up with many, I am a pretty easy going person that tends to look past certain flaws. But there is still at least FIVE major things that I can not look pass in a person that I am dating.
- Telling Lies. If you lie to me then I am not interested anymore. If we can not start off the relationship with honesty, then I will automatically assume that you will continue lying to me for the entire relationship. Truth hurts, but lies hurt, stick with you, and makes you hold grudges.
- Lack of Time Management. Don’t get me wrong, I am not a clingy person. But if we are dating I do expect to see you at least a couple times a week. If you can not manage your time to see me, or if it is always on YOUR schedule and not a compromise of both our schedules, then we already have a problem.
- Being Obnoxious. I am a rather shy individual, I am not very loud in public. I would expect the person to respect that and not be loud and obnoxious in public. Sure we can have a great time, laugh out loud, but the whole world does not have to hear our conversation, nor hear our silly banter.
- Being rude to service individuals(and your parents!). I grew up in the south, Alabama to be exact, and we are brought up knowing to respect others. The saying goes, “If he/she is rude to his/her mother/father, it is possible they will be rude to you to and be a complete B-HOLE.” If we go out to eat be courteous to those who are waiting on us, this is how they make their living, and more then likely they don’t want to be there because of one too many rude customers!
- Controlling. I hate hate HAAAATE being controlled. I am an independent woman and the thought of a man giving me rules just disgusts me. Sure we can make COMPROMISES, as long as they are not one sided. DO NOT tell me what to do though. Having someone telling what is or what is not okay just pisses me off to be honest. I do not mind meeting in the middle on important issues, but to control every little aspect of my life? Get to stepping, cause we are not compatible any longer.
So, that is my top five “Deal Breakers” when starting a new relationship. I believe they are pretty normal, not asking too much out of a person. What are your “Deal Breakers” in a relationship?